Stay Organised With Journals And Planners From Callie Gift Co.
Okay, so we know that buying journals in Australia is super easy. You can pick them up from your local newsagents, novelty store, or even your nearest supermarket. But what you might not know is that not all journals are made from sustainable materials. At Callie Gift Co., on the other hand, our journals are friends of the environment, so you can express yourself or plan your schedule knowing you’re using a gorgeous and eco-friendly product. But why should you invest in a journal? Well, allow me to tell you.
The Gift Of Keeping A Journal: The Benefits Of Writing Everything Down
If the last few years have taught us anything, it’s that Australians are a very resilient group of people. Having tackled the bushfires, lockdown after lockdown, and, more recently, flash flooding, it’s safe to say that we can persevere through almost anything no matter the circumstance. But that doesn’t mean we’ve come out completely unscathed. For many of us, the last few years have taken a toll on our mental health, and here at Callie Gift Co., we recognise the struggle everyday Australians are facing. Personally, we’ve found keeping a journal helps, and so we hope it can offer some assistance for you too. Below are some ways you might benefit from keeping a journal close by.
10 Tips For Helping You Stay On Top Of Your Journalling
It’s one thing to want to start journalling and another to actually keep on top of it. If you’re anything like me, things like work, family, pets and other everyday stressors sometimes get in the way of jotting things down. To help, we’ve put together a list of our top ten tips to help you get back into the swing of things. You can stay on top of your journaling by:
- Keeping it on you. Inspiration sparks at the most random of times. Keep your journal on you to ensure you’re writing down how you’re feeling in real-time.
- Keeping it short and sharp. You don’t have to write an essay. If all you want to write is that you attended your doctor’s appointment or your partner forgot to do the dishes then so be it.
- Trying not to make it a chore. If you don’t get to write in your journal every day, it is what it is. Sometimes there’s nothing to say, other times you’re too busy. But don’t be hard on yourself if you can only write once a week. There aren’t any rules to keeping a journal.
- Keeping it simple. You aren’t being graded so write as informally as you’d like. Whether you’re writing in a weekly planner, journal or notebook, keeping it simple promotes effortless writing that comes naturally.
- Try dot points. Sometimes we have no idea what we’re feeling or what to write. Using dot points to jot down all those little synapses will help you get your thoughts down on the page.
- Ignore the lines. If doodling is how you process your thoughts, go ham. It’s your journal, so make it yours. Draw a love heart, a dog, a burrito. The world is your oyster so give yourself permission to be creative!
- Write more than once a day if you need to. There are no rules when it comes to journaling. If you want to write something in the morning and add something later, go for it. Don’t let the idea that you can only write once a day get in the way of putting pen to paper.
- Remove distractions. Try and write in your journal in a space of your own. Limiting distractions will help build a stream of consciousness, meaning the words will just flow right out of you.
- Don’t edit! There’s no editing or fancy effects in real life. Not editing when journaling allows you to explore all those raw emotions: happy, sad, excited, angry, whatever it may be.
- Write an unsent letter. If all else fails, you can always write a letter to your first love, a long-lost friend, a passenger on the train. Gee, even the barista at your local coffee shop for making the most delicious latte you’ve ever tasted. You’re never going to send it anyway, right? So, give it a go. You might be surprised by what you come up with.
About Our Sustainable Journals And Notebooks
At Callie Gift Co., we’re proud to stock a carefully curated selection of eco-friendly journals and notebooks. Each of our journal suppliers is local and shares our passion for environmental conservation. We pride ourselves on offering sustainable gift options for our customers, and our journals are no exception. By design, our journals and notebooks contain either recycled or kind-to-the-planet paper, with some even containing eco-inks to ensure they don’t harm the planet.
But other than being environmentally friendly and helping to support those in need, our journals are versatile, offering a place for you to write your thoughts, plan your week or record your day. They’re also affordable, not to mention so darn cute and compact. Each of our journals is A5 or slightly smaller in size, meaning they are light and easily transportable and can fit right in your handbag or bedside drawer. So browse our selection below and purchase yours today!
If You’re Looking To Buy Journals In Australia, Callie Gift Co. Has What You Need
Callie Gift Co. was founded by me, Kristy. Inspired by the Australian bushfires and Covid-19 lockdowns, we opened our doors in 2020, hoping to encourage a little more kindness and compassion in the world. Offering stunning gift options for your loved ones, our products are not only sustainable, but each purchase gives back to the planet. We even plant a tree for every gift box sold! All the brands we work with are eco-conscious, meaning every product you purchase from Callie Gift Co. is consciously curated for your peace of mind. Plus, we offer carbon neutral shipping Australia wide. So whether you’re after a weekly planner, baby toys, or even custom-made gift boxes, you can rest assured that every time you purchase from Callie Gift Co., you’ll not only be giving your loved one a gift to remember, but you’ll be doing your bit to save the earth. Contact the Callie Gift Co. team today!